Monday, 16 February 2015

How do you spend Valentine's day?

I have never been a big fan of Valentine's Day to be honest. It's either a day you either love or you hate. Yes, I will agree that it is always nice to get that special rose or gift from that 'secret admirer', but if you are with the one you love then any day in the year should be Valentine's Day (yes, my hopeless romantic side is coming out as I write this). 



When I was with someone, I always thought that our anniversary was always much more special as it was our day,a day when we decided that we wanted to be together and it was personal to us. Valentines day was always a little bonus. 

Now I am not going to lie, I was dreading the day as my second year of singleton, but having survived the first one and other days in between, I came to the realization that you can choose how you make Valentines day. What I mean is; am I going to spend it at home in a Bridget Jones style fashion or am I going to embrace this chapter in my life and choose to celebrate it in style. Well you can guess which option I chose. There was no way, I was going to feel sorry for myself for being single. 

My day started, shopping and lunch with a friend. But my evening consisted on a lovely 3 course meal with 3 of my very good friends. I cannot remember the last time I had such a lovely Valentines catching up with people that matter in my life. 

To top of my amazing day, I indulged in a little Christian Grey and enjoyed watching Fifty Shades of Grey (10/10).

Do something you wouldn't normally do, or go and spend it doing something you love or with people that are special in you life. Just because you are not going out on 'that date' does not mean you cannot dress up. I guess I am waffling on a bit, but what I am trying to say, is that Valentines day can be a difficult time, and believe me I know, I have been there, but don't let it get you down.


lots of love
xxx


Wearing a jumper for Lauren Pope's fashion line from Instyle.co.uk, ripped Jeans from Topshop, chunky boots from River Island and Bag from Balenciaga

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig