Thursday, 19 March 2015

Fashion and the City

I'm not going to lie, I feel like I am having a Carrie Bradshaw moment while I type this next post. 

How amazing has fashion week been in all the major cities?? When I first penciled in that I was going to blog about fashion week, I was only going to write about London Fashion week, but having watched online and read on New York, Milan, Paris and London, I couldn't just stick to one. 

Of course my favourite designers will always be Chanel, Balenciaga and Alexander Wang. You can imagine my delight when I found out that Alexander Wang joined the Balenciaga team. The diversity within the different fashion houses were amazing, with colour and prints taking centre stage. I couldn't pick out a favourite as there were far too many to choose from. 

I love couture, but I particularly like fashion that you can wear on the street.  This is one of the reasons why I really enjoyed fashion week this year. Don't get me wrong, I would love to rock a Elie Saab gown (never say never...this is my wishful thinking talking), but I love putting outfits together. I would've loved to have been a stylist, just to be present with clothes. OK, you get the idea, I love clothes and fashion. 

I always think its important to be comfortable with what your wearing. Be proud of your figure and show it of in an amazing dress or jeans and leather jacket. My style has changed over the years, and I feel that I now know what I like, what suits me and what doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I do sometimes get it wrong, but that is all part of learning. My classic number is a skinny jean with a top and converse, although I feel that since starting this blog and as I want it to be a fashion blog, I am beginning to venture into new territory...in other words, step out of my comfort slightly and try new things.  

It got me thinking about outfits that I have worn over the last year and I decided to share just a few....all I need now is a catwalk!!

I apologies now for the lighting. I am working on it. Enjoy!!!



     


    


  












Lots of love
xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig