Thursday, 3 March 2016

A love of black

I love changing my style. I find it changes on two occasions; my mood and my hair cut. I know that sounds quite odd, but that is often the case. However since starting my blog, my style has not changed as much, but I have tweaked it. I am happy to try new styles and see how they look. The thing about being short is that you often have to do this anyway. What I mean is, it may look good on a tall person so you often have to find alternatives when you are a lil shorter. This is what I love doing!!! This is one of the reasons why I started my blog; to share my ideas and outfits for other petite people like myself. 

Having said this, there is one thing that has not changed and that is my love for black. I love wearing black and it is very unlikely that I will not be wearing some form of black clothing. Even to the gym I am normally wearing all black. Ha! 

Wearing black is a bit like a comfort blanket for me. I find I am more myself when I am wearing black. It sounds strange to say but when I am wearing lots of colour, I feel as if the whole world is looking at me....if you've read my piece about battling demons, you know I would hate that. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like to mix it up a bit by adding a bit of colour. This is were my love for accessories comes in. It could be a pair of shoes, a hat, coat, jewellery or at the moment thanks to the weather, a scarf. 

The greatest thing about black is that there is SO much out there and whatever your style is, you know that you are more than likely to find something in clack in that style. 

My advice on wearing black; do not let the colour over power you (as black can sometimes come across this way). 




Came top (old) - River Island, Coulettes (old) - Topshop, red shoes (old) - Topshop

(click on links for alternatives)

   



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig