Saturday, 26 March 2016

Is it third time lucky??


If I had written this piece just a few months ago (literally), I probably would've cried but now I write it with a smile on my face. 

So...I have a curse. Not just any curse, a personal trainer curse. I am now on PT number three!!! When my second trainer told me he was leaving, I went through a few emotions. I was ready to give up. We all know why I started going the gym; it was a place where I could get away and try and get somewhat fit. But since having an instructor, I have taken it to the next level. I have become much more interested in my fitness and I can see a difference in my body, strength. 

As we all know, it takes me a while to get use to new people and especially somebody who I am going to be training close to so this brought up all my nerves, confidence and especially my views on scary trainers. I had spoken to my friend the night before and told her of my anxiety. I had mentioned that I would give my new trainer a couple of sessions and then decide whether I would stick to having a trainer or not.

Well...

Do you ever get that feeling when you meet somebody new and you just click straight away? Well this is what I felt with my new trainer Alex. I know I said this with my first trainer, but this is completely different to then.  We got on pretty much straight away although I had my reservations about starting with a new trainer. But after our first session, I really enjoyed training with him. He is really good at what he does (and to top it up, he's cute...I have a crush,ha). Don't get me wrong, his sessions are intense and I am always in pain but I feel like I have accomplished something (even through all my moaning, which apparently I do) and he makes me laugh. When I say laugh, I mean belly laugh. Having that in my sessions, makes the sessions so much more worth it. It means I can laugh at myself (which I never use to do) and through the pain. I can't thank Alex enough (or any of my trainers) for that matter. I feel like I have gained a very good buddy as well as a trainer. 

All my trainers have shown me different things in terms of working different parts of my body, fitness and strength. I have got on with all my trainers, but I absolutely love working with Alex. Not only is he a great trainer (and has become my favourite), but he has helped me build my confidence in the gym and he pushes me to my limit and then some. I have a really big issue with confidence, especially in places where I am not in my comfort zone. Although I love going to the gym, it is one of the most intimidating places ever!!!!  

I am still enjoying the gym and working out. I have noticed changes in my body in terms of the way it is beginning to look, especially my legs. They are becoming stronger. Which is good but I know that this means that Alex is going push me more. Eeeekk!! 

I just pray that it is third time lucky and that Alex and I continue to work together for a LONG time as I could't go through this again and I like training with him. He is now officially my longest trainer (woohoo). Finding a good trainer is hard, especially one that suits you, so try and hold onto them for as long as you can. I have told him (and have probably even threatened him with me crying) he is NOT allowed to leave. I guess I shouldn't worry about him leaving so much and just enjoy actually training with him. I think our next session is a leg one...not going to moan (oh man).  

Before and after PT pictures. It is crazy to think that my body has changed so much and it is all thanks to my PT trainers but also my determination. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig