Thursday, 11 August 2016

It's all about nuts...happy snacking.

Now I am guilty of this and it is my downfall to healthy eating sometimes. Yes I am talking about snacking. Now I love to snack on anything in site but put a chocolate bar in front of me..and there is just no control. My love of chocolate is obvious to friends and family and anything to do with chocolate or Nutella and I am hooked. But what about when you want to snack but in a healthy way?? 


Apart from my love of chocolate. I cannot go through the day without snacking on something. As I am trying to stay fit and healthy, I am taking into account what I am putting into my mouth. I am a sucker for fruit and can snack on fruit all day. But like everything, fruit also has its limits. So I turn to the next best thing...nuts. 





I love nuts, especially Almonds. Almonds are a great source. They are packed full of Vitamin E and Protein. They are also high in fibre which if you are like me, will slow down the process of being hungry. If you want to snack on Almonds, I would only stick to handful a day. 





My next snack (if you can call it that) is not a normal one and only one I have into contact with recently. Chia seeds. Chia seeds contain Omega 3, Vitamins, Minerals, Protein and antioxidants (already we are on to a winner). As I mentioned, I have only really started using them in my diet recently and like with anything new that I eat involving staying healthy, I like to read up on it. I like adding them to smoothies. So the next time you make a smoothie, add some chia seeds to it. They do not add to the taste and they do not have a horrible texture. I add about a teaspoon (if that). I found that Chia seeds can help with building muscle and loosing weight, which if you train and go to the gym like me, this sounds promising. Every little helps!





So here are just two of the main ingredients that I am including this summer in my diet. Not only are they good for your insides, they are also great for your skin. Bonus!!! Give it a try. Although there are many high street brands that stock these, Nuts.com are another great place to place your purchase. They really inspired me to write this post and I am so glad I did because I know it can be tough with all the temptations out there, especially now that Summer is here. But visit their website as they have really good snack ideas for this of you that need that extra help when hunger strikes.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig